Rev. Kathy Pittenger begins leadership of Children’s Ministries in The Michigan Conference.
Do you work in children’s ministry in your congregation? Do you have a passion for caring for and leading children as followers of Jesus? Are you looking for support, encouragement, guidance, ideas, and resources in children’s ministry?
Whether you have been serving in Children’s Ministries for one week or 50 years, you are invited to join the new Michigan Conference Children’s Ministry Facebook Group. Please also share this group with those in your congregation who work with children. Then bring your questions, best practices, stories, and encouragement.
The Facebook Page will announce more about Lunch/Dinner Chats with Kathy Pittenger, the new Children’s Initiatives Coordinator for the Michigan Conference. These chats will be held around the state this summer. You can get acquainted with Rev. Kathy and share your needs, wants, thoughts, and prayers for children’s ministry work.
Several dates for Meet & Greets have been announced already:
- July 18th – in conjunction with the Central Bay Children’s Ministry Leadership gathering – 6-8pm at Hemlock UMC
- July 25th – Traverse City area (lunchtime; location details TBA) (lunch provided)
- August 1st – Wacousta Community UMC; 11am – 1pm (bring your own lunch)
- August 7th – West Side UMC (Ann Arbor); 11am – 1pm (bring your own lunch)
- August 30th – Court Street UMC (Flint); 11am – 1pm (bring your own lunch)
- September 19th – Lake Harbor UMC (Norton Shores)/Grand Rapids Children’s Ministry Network; 12pm-2pm (bring your own lunch)
- September 25th – First UMC Grand Rapids; 6:30-8:30pm (come and go as needed; light refreshments provided)
Interested in hosting a Meet & Greet? Contact Rev. Kathy; 517-897-4483 or kpittenger@michiganumcorg.