A Leading Ideas feature describes seven aspects of appropriate digital communication.
Church consultant Joel Snider says that serious congregational conflicts can be caused or exacerbated by the poor use of electronic communication. Congregations can work to develop a common understanding of appropriate and inappropriate uses of digital communication, says Snider, and he offers seven key principles for forging a digital communication covenant.
- Use digital communication for information, not for emotions.
- CC wisely
- Do not share another persons information digitally until they do.
- Ask for permission to post pictures of children.
- Remember that the world is your audience.
- Remember the permanence of digital.
- Remember Colossians 3:17.
CLICK HERE for all the details.